Monday, February 15, 2010

Wedding idea board

I've rounded up some of my favorite images from around the weddingweb (many are from Project Wedding, thank you!) and put them into a photo collage idea board, to start to paint a picture of the colors/ style we're thinking of.





Since the wedding will be on a ranch, we'd like to emphasize flowers and fruit, as well as perhaps wheat and other grassy grains. For colors, we've been inspired by the vintage fruit crate label in the lower left hand part of the board- so we'll focus on mainly eggplant, green and gold, with some light blues, light lavenders and perhaps a bit of red thrown in here or there. I think this will give us expansive floral options, and will keep things looking natural, but will also tie everything together.

The board also includes my top choice, at the moment, for the wedding dress (as well as bm dresses). I'm hoping to have a final decision on the dress by Wednesday.

We are also using the fruit crate label as inspiration for save-the-dates, invitations, thank you notes and other paper needs for the wedding. We've begun working with a designer on Etsy and so far, I'm excited about what she is coming up with! I'll post more about that here soon.

Oh, by the way, I made the photo collage using the "collage" button in Picasa. It is beyond easy- but please let me know if you'd like me to post a tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment