Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Paper goods, favors and fonts

In writing yesterday's post, I got a bit distracted while looking at the Airstream Wedding on Once Wed (where I pulled that great photo of bridesmaids in front of an Aistream, so sweet!), and I am still thinking of it, it was so so so beautiful.

I really love the paper goods that were created by Miss Pickles Press. In particular, how cute are these ideas?



 I love the idea of a cigar bar, because although I'm not a smoker, there is something so appealing and celebratory about plumes of smoke in wedding pictures (plus, I think the guys might like these). The fact that the cigar rings are custom made is icing on the, well, cigar!
I also love the jam favors.  I've been thinking of doing jam favors for awhile, and I love the idea of a cute custom label.  For my version, I'm thinking about a basic Kraft paper label, with a fun font... but where to find fun fonts (and can you say "find fun fonts" three times fast?)?


Enter Fontspace!  Tons of free fonts, for personal use, available for download.  Love it.  Here are some of my favorites: 

This one is called "Carnivalee Freakshow."  It feels a touch Vaudevillian to me, which I like.

 
and this one is called "Bleeding Cowboys....  ooh, I do love it!  Is it too rough for an elegant wedding?  Maybe, maybe not... I'll have to play with it a bit. 

My favorite one so far is this one, Holtszchue: 


It feels mildly western, but very elegant.  I especially like the wispy flowers.   I think it would work wonderfully on jam labels, wedding invitations, and for signage at the wedding.   Oooh, I can't wait to start using these to design all of our yummy paper goods.

Where do you go to find beautiful fonts and other fun clipart?

3 comments:

  1. Hey, we could go berry picking at a u-pick in July and make tons of jam then! ~Katie S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is Chad going to make a post!!! We could make a design for belt buckles or labels for homemade wine or whiskey in a jar!!! Let's hear it dudder...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha! I'll have chad make a post :-)

    Katie, I love the idea of going berry picking, let's do it!!!

    ReplyDelete